Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Book challange time.

This comes from the pages of the book I am currently reading and I am almost finished with it.

At that young age he consoled his mother, saying, "Don't worry , mom. When I grow up, I'm going to work really hard and I'm going to be a success. I'm going to be a millionaire and I'm going to own a plantation and a yacht." Given their circumstances at the time these were very lofty goals, but by the time he shared this story with me he had achieved all three.

The book is "Call Me Ted" and it is the autobiography of Ted Turner. What a great book. As some of you may know I am not a big reader, but when I do read I go for biographies every time. I prefer to read about real people who have been successful or have made a big mark on history so I can try to see what these people all have in common. This book confirmed something I already knew. Most successful people accomplish great things by treating every decision equally. Ted Turner put the same amount of thought into what color to paint his office as he did deciding weather to borrow six billion dollars to buy a business he wanted. Just do it an move on.

Enough about that, it's Christmas week!!!!!!!!!! (I got that little move from you know who) I am super stinkin excited (got that one from Katie) for all of us to be together and for the chance to finally meet Mrs. Maddy. Cris and April are coming this weekend and we are looking forward to seeing them and Shiloh again. Since their last visit at Thanksgiving I went all out and put a sink in the hall bathroom so we now have completed the indoor plumbing upgrade. If you were not at my house for Thanksgiving I will explain that at Christmas.

I don't have much new to add, but I wanted to take up the book challenge while I was thinking about it. See you all very soon.

6 comments:

Big Jim said...

I'm so glad you liked the book. I bored the mother in laws at Tybee by interrupting what they were doing and reading them excerpts.
See yo Sunday.
Love.

CShore said...

Thanks for playing. That sounds like a pretty neat book.

I was also wondering if I was going to get to install the sink this time or not! Glad it worked out for you. Did you get to use your free tool?

Sorry I missed your call last night, I was at work and we were in class. I'll try to give you a call tonight. But I probably won't mom and Kate will be here, so I'll likely forget, but hey, if I promise to call that is at least a step in the right direction, right? Right? Oh crap.

Talk to you later.

JP2E said...

INDOOR PLUMIN'!! Dang if ya' ain't gettin' a bit uppity, Mike...

JP2E said...

Hey Mike!
You better BLOG again, or I will call Bill and we will repeat our previous attacks. LOL...

Sue said...

Mike, Please blog again!

JP2E said...

OK! You have had two warnings. I'm calling Bill...