Monday, May 26, 2008

3 Day Weekend!

Well this three day weekend has given me an opportunity to do some catching up, and it could not have come at a better time. Work has kept me a lot busier than I like but that's not all bad because the building industry in Georgia is in a huge slow down so to be busy during this period is a bonus. The down side is no time for family, rest or any of the other thing that I need to do around the house. Thankfully this weekend I got a lot of yard work done as well as some other chores I have been needing to do. Now today I can relax with the family knowing that I got a lot of things done and that feel good.
As for the rest of the family it's Summer a usual which means the kids are bored and Michelle is keeping them in check. We have a lot planned this summer with summer camps and a trip to Tybee but the kids want to get to all of it on day one and Michelle is the one making them pace themselves. Not an easy job.
As for Michelle's "job" we got some potentially good news regarding her employment next year. First she learned that the new qualifications she would have to meet to keep her job have been put off for a year so she can keep her current job for one more year with no further classes needed. The reason she has been against going back to school to keep her job is because she already has a four year degree and now the additional classes would be just enough to let her keep a $10.00 and hour job. It doesn't make sense when people with no education at all make more money working at Wal*Mart. However the State of Georgia (which is who pays Michelle's paycheck) now says that if she takes the additional classes she will qualify to paid the same as any starting school teacher in Gwinnett County which is considerably more than she is making now. Since this is very different than what they have been telling us all year she still wants to get all of this in writing and then she will look into taking the classes she will need. I think she told me it's 120 hour which would be about three months of classes perhaps even on line. I will keep you all posted as we go along.
Other than that I plan to just enjoy a day off before going back to the grind tomorrow.

51 comments:

Peggie said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! I envy your trip to Tybee this year. I'm afraid we didn't pace ourselves and have used all of our vacation time already. This will make for a LONG summer!! Well, we do have a long weekend trip planned for July 4 weekend with Bill and Deb. It's really OK, since we can take time off any time of year without worrying about school!!!! Keep up the good pace. The girls will be off with friends before you know it....I'm speaking from experience!! Take care and give my love to all.....LOVE YA!!

Kenny said...

Ok, I'm in. There goes the neighborhood, the Kensington people are here. http://yazupip.blogspot.com/

JP2E said...

It is nice to get an etra day for a bit of a breather!
Maybe Michelle can take her classes online and get the girls to help her; They are certainly smart enough!! Nobody would really know who is taking those tests by computer, right?
I can remember grinding away at classes when i went back to school. It will go by very quickly and open a lot of new areas for her.
YAY, Mom!!!!!! To quote heather...

Sue said...

We will await word on Michelle's decision about future classes. I hope you have a ball at Tybee!
Love to the whole family!

Bill T said...

Has anyone seen Mike?

Bill T said...

Mike? Mike? Where are you Mike?

Bill T said...

Is this thing on?

Bill T said...

Yoo Hoo Here Mikie!

Bill T said...

I think weneed an APB.

Bill T said...

I just looked under the carpet and he's not there!!!!

Bill T said...

Is he hiding?

Bill T said...

I,m not syre what to do next. MIKE!!!!!!!!!! MIKE!!!!!!!

Bill T said...

Mike if there is a problem we can get some help.

Peggie said...

Mike, I think we need a face-to-face....you seem to be losing it!!! If you are out there, knock once...

Bill T said...

Not sure if we need to call in a profesional?

Sue said...

I saw him today but he is avoiding the blog. Perhaps we need to have an intervention.

Bill T said...

A Mikey sighting. Now that is good to hear.

Bill T said...

Come back to the Blog side.

Peggie said...

This is a nice page. Does anyone know who it belongs to? I heard it was Mike's, but he wouldn't have started a page and just "abandoned" it like this!!! Miss ya, Mikey!!!

Bill T said...

This page is dead to me. "SPIT"

Bill T said...

Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike.

Peggie said...

Yeah, like Bill said:
Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike!!!

Bill T said...

Light a candle.

CShore said...

Well at least there is some activity on the page!

Bill T said...

Activity, Schmactivity!

Bill T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill T said...

UMBOPPA, UMBOPPA, MOW, MOW

Bill T said...

UMBOPPA, UMBOPPA, MOW, MOW

Bill T said...

Don,t make me say it again.

Peggie said...

Oh where, oh where has my little bro gone? Oh where, oh where can he be??? With a beer in hand and guitar as well, oh where, oh where can he be?????

Bill T said...

I bet if we put "Stuckies" Peacan log's around his key board he would come back.

Peggie said...

Yeah, Bill, Pecan Logs and Baby Heads. How could he resist THAT????? I'll stop at Stuckies and you go find the baby heads....meet ya back here at 1900....syncronize watches......

Bill T said...

Did you know thet the U>S> Olympic diving team uses "SHAMWOW" as a towel

Bill T said...

Righty, Tighty - Lefty, Loosie

Bill T said...

Do you want to pet my monkey?

Bill T said...

If you act now, we will double your order. Thats right, for just $19.95 you get 2 complete sets and if you mention this add, we will pay for the shipping.

Bill T said...

Fold tab "A" in to slot "B". Then rotate the assembly to the inverted position.

Bill T said...

I think we need to add a round of wedge to the left rear.

Bill T said...

"How did you break your finger?"

"I got punched in the nose"

JP2E said...

YO, MIKE!!!
Would ya' BLOG already!!!
Jeez Louise!!
Or at least read some of this stuff.....

Bill T said...

And one day at band camp.......

JP2E said...

...and in New Jersey, the number is Bigelow 5...

Bill T said...

What we have here.... Is a failure, to communicatr!!!!!

JP2E said...

Is that a dialtone I hear?
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...

Bill T said...

Hay Rocky... Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat

JP2E said...

I'm Mike Rowe; And this is my job...

Bill T said...

Now There's Your Prolem!!!!!!

JP2E said...

I believe we have actually reached the end of the information superhighway. And it is a roadblock caused by Mike...

Peggie said...

There was an old man named Michael Finnegan....

Kelly2eVega said...

I hate to be super arrogant and concieted but you're all just jealous that Uncle Mike and I are BFF and he never blogs because we're usually working up a sweat at the gym...give my WOB a break! He's human!

JP2E said...

Mike is human? There goes the pet we never had...